|Photo Credit - smithpublicly.com|
The notion Democrats in general are "soft on crime" can be perceived, twist and mis-communicated by others. Especially when conversations take place on so-called "cable news" shows about the fact White Hat Suspect 2# - the Suspected Mass Murderer Terrorist, Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was not initially read his Miranda Rights.
Let us review the criminal activity so far known that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his now decreased Brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev are accused of, shall we.
|Photo Credit - thesun.co.uk|
- The murder of killed four people including a 8 year old Martin Richards which Dzhokhar Tsarnaev stood behind before allegedly setting a "pressure cooker" type bomb on the ground ending Richards and two other innocent bystanders lives.
- Injuring at least allegedly 170+ other bystanders at the Boston Marathon Event on April 15th, where multiple individuals lost arms, legs and other essential body parts.
|Photo Credit - wickedlocal.com|
- The murder allegedly of a Massachusetts Institute of Technology (M.I.T.) police officer Sean A. Collier, 26 while sitting in his law enforcement vehicle on duty patrolling the University Campus.
|Photo Credit - foxnews.com|
- Carjacking allegedly an innocent Boston, Mass. resident at gun point and taking their car and robbery of a local gas station for cash.
|Photo Credit - New York Daily News|
- Throwing mini-bombs during a high-speed police chase allegedly at law enforcement personnel along with shooting guns at police officers making an attempt to apprehend the Tsarnaev Brothers.
|Photo Credit - Minnesota.publicradio.org|
- Law enforcement personnel also reported White Hat Suspect # 2 - the Suspected Mass Murderer Terrorist - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev ran over his soon-to-be deceased Brother while fleeing away by car from the shoot-out scene, dragging his sibling approximately 30 feet on the ground.
|Photo Credit - Mass. State Police|
- The City of Watertown, Mass. was mandated by Governmental Officials to be on Lock-Down status for nearly an entire day while White Hat Suspect # 2 - the Suspected Mass Murderer Terrorist - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hit in a tarp covered boat before law enforcement personnel found his location and took him into custody.
Especially considering that none of the panelists or show host, Ms. Harris - Perry made mention of the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 1984 upholding law enforcement rights to question a suspect on immediate threats to public safety, prior to a reading of their First Amendment associated Miranda Rights.
Listening to the confabulation by host Ms. Harris-Perry, Ari Melber of the Nation Magazine/fellow co-host of MSNBC's "The Cycle" program and Michael Eric Dyson - the cable news station "fill-in" host of the network programs/contributing panelist "on-call" for any subject available; one would think that Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was falsely accused of all the above noted criminal activity due to his Chechen ethnic background and Muslim faith. Nothing can be further from the truth.
Using a Federal Law statue, President Barack Obama used what's widely known as the "Public Safety Exception" rule to temporary suspend White Hat Suspect # 2 - the Suspected Mass Murderer Terrorist - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev Miranda Rights. The sole purpose was to question the suspect knowledge on if any other immediate threats or bombs that could harm innocent members of the public still exist. This "Public Safety Exception" legal provision has been upheld as statutory law by United States Supreme Court since 467 U.S. 649 (1984) NEW YORK v. QUARLES Case number No. 82-1213.
In this case New York resident Benjamin Quarles was alleged by a female he suspected to have raped, with entering a store with a loaded .38 revolver, then using the location to hide from law enforcement capture. Upon appending the suspect police begun questioning Quarles on location of the gun, after noticing he had a empty holster slapped on his body. New York Police Officer Frank Kraft inquired Quarles to reveal where the missing gun was located. Quarles answered Officer Kraft's questions before his Miranda Rights were read to him.
Justice William Rehnquist issued this opinion, in part, on behalf of the Court in section 658.
"We conclude that the need for answers to questions in a situation posing a threat to the public safety outweighs the need for the prophylactic rule protecting the Fifth Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination," Rehnquist wrote.
"We decline to place officers such as Officer Kraft in the untenable position of having to consider, often in a matter of seconds, whether it best serves society for them to ask the necessary questions without the Miranda warnings and render whatever probative 658*658 evidence they uncover inadmissible, or for them to give the warnings in order to preserve the admissibility of evidence they might uncover but possibly damage or destroy their ability to obtain that evidence and neutralize the volatile situation confronting them."Nothing the above U.S. Supreme Court ruling in 1984, President Obama was justified to impale Federal and State of Massachusetts law enforcement officials inquest of White Hat Suspect # 2 - the Suspected Mass Murderer Terrorist - Dzhokhar Tsarnaev regarding any other locations of other bombs or immediate threats to the public safety before reading him his Miranda Rights.
Ironically, no discussion of 467 U.S. 649 (1984) NEW YORK v. QUARLES took place on Ms. Harris-Perry program while she and her other "panelists" loosely implied President Obama was lending on the ropes of a "slippery slope of injustice" against alleged terrorist criminals used during former President George W. Bush administration "War on Terror". Again, nothing could be further from the truth.
Which leads us to a bigger question about news media research methodology practices before opening ones' mouths to speak on subject matters without performing an analysis on prior case law? Should we continue to call these discussions "news" or what they are "speculation" without facts? This is a question we'll leave our reading public to answer.
Tune into Independent Underground Radio LIVE Special Podcast on Sunday, April 21st @ 7:00 PM ET on the Blog Talk Radio Network, where we will discuss the topic matter above and other information on the Boston Marathon Bombing case. Call in with your thoughts and opinions at 347-934-0185.