- Ban abortions after 20 weeks and do not allow for health exceptions to preserve the mother's life, or for an exception if the pregnancy is the result of rape or incest.
- Create several scenarios that would allow for felony charges to be brought against doctors who provide abortion services.
- Institute an onerous and bureaucratic licensing and regulatory process and enact expensive new fees that are intended to shut down many clinics.
- Invade the important and sacred doctor/patient relationship by requiring new screenings to determine if a woman is being coerced.
- Creates another new winfall for insurance companies by requiring doctors to carry $1 Million in additional medical liability insurance.
- Could ultimately eliminate most women's access to reproductive healthcare facilities by forcing the vast majority of clinics to close and discourage doctors from practicing in Michigan.
"These bills are some of the most restrictive in the country and will prevent women from having access to other health services and even contraception," said Segal. "This is just another example of how out-of-touch and extremist politicians are declaring a War on Women in order to appease their special interest donors. I will fight this unconscionable attempt to criminalize doctors, restrict women's rights, and turn a legal and safe medical procedure into one that is difficult to provide, difficult to obtain and dangerous to women."